We also have the environment in mind. Easideck is pre-cut and pre-drilled PRIOR to pressure treating the components. This approach to manufacturing has two benefits… The first is there are no “pressure treated” cuttings going to the landfills. The second benefit is that all our deck parts are 100% protected. That means better value due to the fact that all the surfaces are protected – which means an EasiDeck will last much longer.
Easideck utilizes Wolman® E outdoor wood preservative with BARamine® technology, which is the most advanced copper azole system on the market. This formulation incorporates patented technology that provides enhanced protection against decay organisms, including copper-tolerant fungi, and a deeper and more consistent penetration of preservative in the wood.
Wolmanized® Outdoor® Wood:
- is ideal for decks, retaining walls, fences, picnic tables, planter boxes, raised garden beds, walkways, sill plate and structural members.
- can be used for Above Ground, Ground Contact, and Heavy Duty Ground Contact applications.
- is produced by independent treated wood producers who follow strict quality control standards.
Why Choose Preserved Wood?
“After all, wood is the ultimate sustainable material. Properly harvested, trees grow, get cut down, and are replaced with more trees. Across its life cycle, no building product has lower energy consumption rates. Wood essentially acts as storage for carbon dioxide (even after it is made into construction material), and when recycled as fuel it creates more energy than was used in its production. Plus, people tend to like it.” -Sam Grawe, Editor Dwell Magazine, April 2008
Preserved wood extends forest resources, allowing one tree to do the work of many. In addition to enabling wood to last a long time or resist flames or mold, our brands have all of the environmental and other advantages associated with wood itself. For example, wood:
- is a renewable resource grown on managed timberlands. Trees remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, thus reducing greenhouse gases.
- requires less energy to produce than alternative building materials; it is made from sunlight and soil nutrients, rather than fossil fuels.
- offers greater insulation value than alternatives.
- is lighter in weight, and can often be installed with lighter equipment which has less environmental impact.
Wood offers excellent workability with common construction skills and tools, plus it provides design flexibility and economy. Wood is generally less costly than alternative building materials and is considered easier to work with, not to mention aesthetically preferable in many applications.